Academic Information for Summer Program 2022
Each course is 1 credit / 12 hours or 2 credits / 24 hours.
All students are required to take a minimum of 2 courses from the following list.
- History of Japan and the Asia-Pacific War Through Film(2 credits)
- Exploring the History of Urban Japan (2 credits)
- Japanese Material Culture(2 credits)
- Economic Strategies in Japan and Asia(1 credit)
- Japanese Language class for absolute Beginners (the first half of A1 of CEFR) or Beginners（A1 of CEFR) (1 credit) (1 credit)
Course Schedule / Syllabus
- Course Schedule (TBD)
- Syllabus (TBD)
Activities and Events
Besides the Lectures, you will enjoy various activities and field trips in and around Saitama/Tokyo area.
You will also have opportunities to interact with SU volunteer students. They’re willing to support you during the program. You will learn more about Japan with them.
- Campus Tour and Welcome Reception
- Lab Tour / Science Workshop
- Japanese Club Activity Experience
- Japanese Language Room
- One Day Trip to Kawagoe
- Weekend Homestay
- Farewell Reception
*Themed field trips will also be organized by some classes.
→ Pictures of 2019 Activities (Photo Gallery)